Sustainable Resource Management Ltd (SRM) was established in the year 2000 and has since been a key player in providing consultancy services in energy and the environment. To date, the company has completed over 150 consultancy assignments ranging from Environment and Social Impact Assessment to Economic Assessment of key project related to power plants, integrated resort schemes, solid waste processing plants and other key infrastructure projects. The founder, Dr Revin Panray Beeharry has over 30 years‟ experience in providing advisory services. The CEO Revin Panray Beeharry is a Chemical Engineer by training. He graduated from India‟s premier engineering school “IIT Bombay” in 1987. He subsequently earned a Master‟s degree in Chemical Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago (USA) in 1992 and a PhD in Chemical Engineering from the University of Mauritius in 1999. Dr Beeharry spent some 13 years (1987 to 2000) in academia at the University of Mauritius. Since 2000, he has been at the helm of Sustainable Resource Management Ltd an environmental consulting practice he founded. Under his leadership, SRM Ltd has completed over 200 consultancy assignments which include key projects related to Environment Impact Assessment, Power Generation, GHG mitigation and assessment, Composting, Wind farms, and other industrial projects. Dr Beeharry has worked for organizations like the UNDP, UNESCO and UNCTAD, AfDB and the DOE of the USA. He has the ability to manage tight budgets to produce coherent results in the necessary timeframe. He is well versed with environmental regulations in force in Mauritius and Rodrigues and has successfully achieved environmental permitting for complex projects.
1. INFRASTRUCTURE AND THE ENVIRONMENT
We work closely with project promoters and the relevant authorities to find acceptable mitigation measures to reduce environmental impacts that may occur during construction, operation and decommissioning phases of projects. Our approach is inspired from life cycle assessment. Our track record in this area consists of the following projects/studies:
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the operation of a stone crushing plant, a block making and an asphalt making plant at Beemanique for La Rocaille Ltee.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the construction of a Wind Farm at Plaine des Roches for Aerowatt (Mauritius) Ltd. –
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the installation of a medical waste incinerator at J. Nehru Hospital, Rose Belle, for the Ministry of Health and Quality of Life.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the extension (Phase II) of Indian Resort and Spa for the Apavou Group.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the construction of a beach hotel in Rodrigues for Var Investment Ltd.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the construction of a beach hotel comprising of 60 villas at Grand Gaube by Lloyd Bowmaker (Mauritius) Ltd.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the processing of waste plastic to hydrocarbon fuels for Green Hydrocarbons (Mauritius) Ltd.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the extension (Phase I) of the Indian Resorts hotel at Le Morne for Apavou Immobilier Ltee.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the creation of swimming zones and beach reprofiling in front of the Blue Ocean Park Hotel as well as the construction of a jetty by Sagar Hotels and Resorts Ltd.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the construction of a beach restaurant attached to the Blue Ocean Park Hotel for Sagar Hotels and Resorts Ltd.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for used oil collection, storage, re-refining and combustion including post combustion gas cleaning for Star Ecoenergy Ltd.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the operation of a beach hotel comprising of 39 rooms at Pointe aux Piments for Chillipoint Ltd.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the construction of a beach hotel comprising of 34 rooms at Pointe aux Sables for Australe Ocean Indien Ltd.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the production, distribution, combustion of coal water slurry (CWS) including post-combustion gas cleaning for Acamus Ltd.
- Preliminary Environment Reports for the Proposed Construction of a petroleum retail outlet at La Vigie on the Motorway by Caltex Oil (Mtius)
- Preliminary Environment Report for the setting up of an Art Glassmaking Factory and shop at Trou aux Biches for Rocki Mauritius Ltd.
- Preliminary Environment Reports for the construction of 24 Housing Unit at Curepipe for Paris Belle Epoque (Gleeds Ltd).
- Preliminary Environment Report for the proposed Housing Project at Bain Boeuf by Admiral Court Ltd.
- Assistance for obtention of Pioneer Status Certificate and Consultancy Services including EIA for the Proposed Investment Project for Large Scale Composting of Organic Waste including Un-segregated Municipal Solid Waste in Mauritius
- Preliminary Environment Report for the renovation of the petroleum retail outlet at Curepipe for Caltex Oil (Mtius).
- Preliminary Environment Report for a proposed bakery project at Tamarin for Peche Mignon Ltee.
- Preliminary Environment Report for the renovation of a home for the elderly at Bonne Terre for the elderly
- Preliminary Environment Report for a Knitting unit with 50 machines by Texpull Ltd.
- Preliminary Environment Report for the construction of the petroleum retail outlet at St Julien for Caltex Oil (Mtius).
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the construction of a residential complex of 82 housing units at Belle Rose for Les Entreprise Phi Ltee
- Preliminary Environment Report for the extension and renovation of a residential home for the elderly for Soeur de Charite of Belle Rose.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for a luxury housing project at Grand Bay for Super Construction Co. Ltd.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the construction and operation of a clinic for hair grafting at Trou aux Biches for Challeng‟hair Ltd.
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the proposed construction of 83 Housing Units at Bain Boeuf by Societe de l‟Horizon
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the proposed plant for the manufacture of adhesives for MMC International Ltd.
- Preliminary Environment Reports for Indian Oil Mauritius Ltd (7 Filling Stations)
- Environmental Impact Assessment for a proposed wine factory by Italpro Ltd.
- Consultancy services for implementation of Environment Management system for the Esquel Group
- Seminar on Solid Waste Management System for personnel/ maintenance managers of over 20 beach resort hotels in Mauritius for AHRIM
- Environmental planning and facilitation of licences of a proposed 44 room hotel project in Rodrigues
- Consultancy services for implementation of Environment Management System for Queenswear Ltd
- Feasibility and site identification together with Environmental Impact identification for the Seaweed Farming in Rodrigues by the Ministry of Fisheries.
- Consultancy services for implementation of Environment Management System for Southern Textile Ltd
- Bagasse Cogeneration for Department of Energy, USA
- Survey of fishers and Economic/ Environmental Impact Assessment of FAD technology
- Consultancy services for implementation of Environment Management System for British American Tobacco (BAT)
- Regional Biomass Assessment for SOPAC
- Development of an Environment Information System for the Ministry of Environment
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) of various agricultural diversification options
- Benchmarking for Green Globe Certification at Le Prince Maurice Hotel
- Environmental Auditing: Two production units were assessed for their compliance to ISO 14001 standards at Imperial Tobacco – Madagascar.
2. ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
SRM has a multi- disciplinary team of environmental experts with wide experience in several aspects of environmental concern. Our involvement ranges from planning to minimizing impacts (EIA) at the beginning of a project to environmental control and remediation during operations and rehabilitation at closure. Our pioneering consultancy services in Environmental Management Systems are able to assist companies achieve ISO 14001 certification and Green Globe standards. Some of the completed projects include:
- ISO14001:2004 Implementation for 2 units in the Esquel Group; Leisure Garments Ltd and Textile Industries Ltd.
- ISO 14001:2004 Implementation for Southern Textile Ltd.
- ISO 14001:2004 Implementation for British American Tobacco (BAT).
- Green Globe 21 for Prince Maurice Hotel, Mauritius
- Diagnosis of Imperial Tobacco‟s Malagassy Factories for Environmental Compliance
- System Audit with respect to ISO 14001:2004 for SITAM (Madagascar).
- System Audit with respect to ISO 14001:2004 for SACIMEM (Antsirable).
- Environment Assessment for Alcodis Ltd.
- Environmental Reporting for Maurilait Production Ltée.
- Environment Assistance for Total Mauritius Ltd industrial customers.
3. ECONOMIC ASSESSMENT
The driving force behind SRM‟s economic consulting services is strategic thinking for improved performance. SRM combines cutting edge thinking with the hands-on corporate and entrepreneurial experience of its partners and staff to provide unrivalled advice to its clients. Although the company‟s partners specialize in different areas all issues are addressed from a high-level, business perspective aimed at defining the client‟s strategic objectives and achieving improved performance. Our strategic consulting services are all tailored to each individual client or project and may range from a full strategic analysis and review to simply providing strategic advice. Our dedicated teams of economic consultants have considerable experience in socioeconomic and developmental assessments. Our track record in this area consists of the following studies/projects:
- Economic Impact Assessment of the Plaines Wilhems (Mauritius) Sewerage Project for the African Development Bank
- Bagasse Cogeneration for Department of Energy, USA
- Electrification of Agalega Island for UNDP
- Regional Biomass Assessment for SOPAC, Fiji 6
- Domestic Energy Savings for Rodrigues – Phases I and II for the UNDP
4. SME DEVELOPMENT
We have considerable experience working with SMEs. Our team‟s track record with small and medium enterprises consists of:
- Flash Diagnosis- Cover Craft (SME)
- Flash Diagnosis– Quad Printers (SME)
- Flash Diagnosis- Fast Fit (SME)
- Flash Diagnosis- Island Sports (SME)
- ISO 9001:2000 Implementation for Il Moro di Venezia (SME)
5. MARKET OPINION & SOCIAL RESEARCH
The mission of our Market Opinion and Social Research unit is to accompany our clients all the way into research to decision-making. To do so we provide a wide array of services ranging from market surveys or opinion polls to comprehensive social research. To each problem, we don‟t only help provide a solution but offer alternatives. Identifying customer‟s expectation, analyzing behavioral trends, scrutinizing the business environment, helping you to anticipate it‟s our business. The specific services we offer are:
- Market Intelligence Opinion Surveys and Social Research.
- Fish Aggregating Device Assessment (Mauritius and Rodrigues) for Ministry of Fisheries, Republic of Mauritius
- Diagnosis of Training Provided by Ministry of Women
- Market research for the siting of a Pharmacy in Plaines Magnien
6. QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
The overriding goal of our management system specialist is to work closely with our clients to place quality assurance at the heart of the organization‟s culture so as to achieve continual productivity improvement through a comprehensive quality management system. We facilitate the implementation of the ISO 9001:2000 standard in small, medium and large enterprises. We have perfected a strong methodological approach that has proven its worth in the implementation of quality assurance systems in small, medium and large enterprises. Our staffs are very competent and they are able to offer valuable services to help our clients achieve their desired quality improvement objectives. Some of our completed projects are listed below:
- ISO 9001: 2000 IMPLEMENTATION FOR THE FOLLOWING COMPANIES:
- Mauritius Telecom Group (Mauritius Telecom Ltd,
- Cellplus Ltd, Telecom Plus Ltd, Teleservices Ltd, Mauritius Telecom Rodrigues Ltd)
- State Insurance Corporation of Mauritius (SICOM) – British American Tobacco PLC (BAT)
- Data Communications Ltd
- SAGAM (Madagascar), a BPO
- SATIM, a BPO
- Alpha Cleaning Ltd
- Unicorn Ltd
- Il Moro Di Venezia Ltée
- PAD & Co Ltd
- Bonny Air Travel and Tours Ltd
- Universal Fabrics Ltd
- Queenswear Ltd